Graphic Design Internship
Utah’s Hogle Zoo’s art department is responsible for maintaining all design elements for the Zoo. This includes over seeing all signs on Zoo grounds, advertisements, program brochure, the Zoo’s website and photography. Internships in this area will work with the Art Department to maintain a cohesive look and feel.
Internships are 20 hours per week for 10 weeks. Work schedule is somewhat flexible. Graphic Design Interns typically work Monday-Friday. Knowledge of industry standard computer programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign. Dreamweaver, Flash, and QuarkXpress is useful.
Responsibilities for the Graphic Design Internship include design and layout of various collateral materials (signs, flyers, brochures, ads, coupons, catalogs, etc.), maintaining Zoo signage, and preparing photos for print and Web production.
Duties may include:
- Help maintain and update signage around the Zoo.
- Design and organize event signage.
- Layout, edit and produce various collateral and promotional print materials.
- Create electronic files ready to go to print production.
- Assist with multi-media elements for the Zoo’s Web site (flash, videos, photos, blogs, etc.).
- Assist with photography and managing the image library system.
- Assist with reference work or additional tasks as needed.
- Paint and touch-up animal exhibit murals.
1 Non paid internship
First week of June – Mid August
Send application/ transcript/resume/cover letter to:
Click here to download an Internship Application.