Volunteer Programs Intern
The intern in this position will assist the Volunteer Coordinator plan, develop, and implement the volunteer program, and community service programs and informational programs in support of Utah’s Hogle Zoo. Must enjoy working with adults and youth. Work hours are 6-8 hours per day, 20-40 hours per week, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and may include Saturdays.
Duties may include:
- Assisting in developing and organizing the growing volunteer base
- Helping with recruiting and marketing
- Participating in planning meetings
- Providing office support
- Participating in Volunteer orientation and training
- Writing monthly newsletter articles
- Developing interpretive materials
- Suggesting ideas to increase retention
- Reporting statistical data
- Event management
- Helping to plan, decorate and host annual Volunteer end of season party
- Conducting Volunteer evaluations and surveys
- Interns may provide leadership to Volunteers in the absence of the Volunteer Coordinator.
1 Non paid internship
First week of June – Mid August
Send application/ transcript/resume/cover letter to:
Click here to download an Internship Application.