Current Full Time Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-1728 or (801) 584-1785.
|DEPARTMENT: OPERATIONS |
Responsible for the general maintenance of all buildings, utilities, mechanical and automotive equipment, parking and walkway surfaces of the Zoo. Under direction of Maintenance Director will make minor remodeling and constructions modifications to buildings and exhibits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning walkways including removing snow and ice and debris
- Mowing, trimming and watering lawns
- Maintain flower beds, shrubs and trees by weeding, pruning, spraying, watering and fertilizing under direction of supervisor.
- Maintain fencing and other control materials for safety of visitors and animals
- Inspection and maintenance of painted surfaces on buildings, tables and railings.
- Assist exhibits personnel with landscape maintenance in and around exhibits for beautification and safety.
- Assist animal care and hospital personnel in handling or restraining animals when being moved.
- Assist marketing or concessions departments in setting up chairs, tables, hanging banners, moving merchandise and cleaning of areas before and after events.
- Maintain tools and equipment to ensure functionality and safety.
- Other tasks and assignments as directed by supervisor.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
- Ability to lift 60 or more pounds without injury, bend and move quickly
- Ability to follow verbal direction and learn new tasks
- Able to work in all kinds of weather conditions
- Team player, act with courtesy to staff and Zoo patrons.
This is a full time position with a competitive benefit package. Anyone interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume to Misty Alford by email or fax to 801-584-1774 by February 28, 2013. Utah’s Hogle Zoo is Equal Opportunity Employer.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Fredrickson, Phone: 801-584-1785; Fax: 801-584-1797