Current Part-Time Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-1728 or (801) 584-1785.
|DEPARTMENT: IT |
HELP DESK SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Hourly rate $15+DOE, plus benefits. This is a year round position with 20+flexible hours per week, with an opportunity for additional hours during the summer and holiday seasons.
Utah’s Hogle Zoo has a unique opportunity for an End User Support Specialist. This person is the first point of contact for employees calling the IT department. The Support Specialist will provide end-user computer support which includes diagnosis, repair, documentation and resolution of user’s technical hardware, software and application issues. Will also provide phone, remote and in-person support and training to users in the areas of e-mail, network connectivity, and desktop applications such as Microsoft Office Suite.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The position requires proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and e-mail products.
- Must have fundamental knowledge of network operations and administration with experience in customer service practices.
- Experience with CompTIA+ Network and/or MCP certification preferred.
- The successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to learn and adapt to changing technologies, proven customer service orientation and ability to perform well in an occasionally stressful environment.
- We are looking for someone who can multi-task, plan and prioritize tasks.
- Must have an Associates degree or equivalent work related experience and 1+ years in an IT help desk environment.
E-mail cover letter and resume to Utah’s Hogle Zoo, Human Resource Dept. Bonnie Thomas or Mail to 2600 Sunnyside Avenue, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108. Utah’s Hogle Zoo is an EOE employer.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Fredrickson, Phone: 801-584-1785; Fax: 801-584-1797