Volunteer Resources Coordinator
Current Full Time Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-1728 or (801) 584-1785.
Status: Full-time with benefits
VOLUNTEER RESOURCES COORDINATOR
- Recruitment, orientation and coordination of activities for all volunteers
- Act as a liaison between the volunteers and the Zoo, creating a positive and productive atmosphere.
- Act as a resource for volunteers in resolving disputes, behavior problems, and complaints.
- Assess and analyze the success of volunteer/intern programs and make improvements as needed.
- Conduct regular evaluations.
- Responsible for volunteer/inter recognition and incentive programs.
- Provide needed communication for volunteers/interns on Zoo events, goals and other important occurrences.
- Ability to use Volgistics software, maintain records, and confidential files on volunteers including demographics, status and statistics.
- Assist in developing and tracking budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and creativity, and a positive approach to stressful situations. The Coordinator must have three to five years’ experience working with youth and adults. Computer skills are essential including Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, with knowledge of Volgistics desired. The Volunteer Resources Coordinator must have knowledge of training and/or education processes and ability to work weekends and events as needed.
Must provide proof of negative TB test, pass a pre-employment drug test and pass a criminal background check. A current Utah Driver’s license is required with a clean driving record.
Hogle zoo provides an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and 401K savings plan along with a pension plan as well as paid vacation and holidays.
Anyone interested should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Chris Schmitz by March 29th, 2013. Utah’s Hogle Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Fredrickson, Phone: 801-584-1785; Fax: 801-584-1797